We’re reminding clients, “Cool heads will prevail!”
The global COVID-19 virus has created a difficult situation for all of us. In addition to the tragic human toll, containment efforts and uncertainty have caused significant economic disruption globally and driven stocks into a bear market for the first time in more than a decade. We will get through this, but it remains tough to see the other side from where we sit today.
Over the short-term, we will most likely experience more volatility, but we follow statistics that show us what has happened over the long term: US markets always recover.
While you’re staying in, here are some things we suggest:
Our team came up with some ideas/recommendations to help you pass the time and keep your stress level low.
- Eat well: Watch your sugar intake and meal prep to reduce trips to the grocery store
- Turn off the TV or at least limit news exposure. The media tends to sensationalize things, which can make situations feel worse than they really are.
- Read a good book
- Organize family photos
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Check on the elderly
- Make a list of everything you have be thankful for (write it down)
- Write an encouraging letter and mail it to someone you love
- Keep a journal… It may be interesting to look back on!
- Tackle the household chores you’ve been putting off
- Indoor plant upkeep
- Keep your spending in control
- Watch a good movie
Thank you to all the brave men & women who continue their essential jobs in challenging times.
If you’re having difficulty staying the course in this market, feel free to give us a call or send us an email to discuss your situation.
As always, feel free to forward any of our financial updates to your friends, family, or colleagues.
Your TVAMP Team
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results.